Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Overall, I'd say I'm definitely getting a lot of positive feedback from my classmates so far. The best thing about the feedback is that all the comments are effective in one way or another, but they cover a variety of aspects of my storybook project and blog posts. That has also helped me give better feedback in my comments, which I think I'm doing well with so far. One habit I've picked up throughout the semester is reading through my classmates' stories and posts a few times before leaving a comment. That way, I can pinpoint things that I may have missed the first time. I also think I'm getting to learn about a lot of people through this class. Obviously, it's hard considering there isn't any face-to-face interaction, but it could easily be worse. I would also say the online side of things makes me think more about the language I use when making comments. I definitely have to pay attention to the way I come across because as a whole, I think language used in an online forum is subject to interpretation more than face-to-face.

I think this caption is a great representation of what we should be keeping in mind when giving feedback to each other online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...