Thursday, September 19, 2019

Reading Notes: Ancient Egypt, Part B

This part of the Ancient Egyptian readings made me realize just how different that mythology is from other cultures. For example, as I was reading through The Two Brothers, I was intrigued to find out what would happen after the pharaoh had the cedar tree cut down, killing Bata. I was unsure as to why her wife would ask the pharaoh to do that, but as I followed Anpu's journey, I remembered the idea of resurrecting him after finding his heart. What I was not aware of, however, was that Bata could be resurrected several times. That is definitely a unique aspect of Egyptian mythology that I want to keep in my story. I also really enjoyed watching the relationship of the brothers develop after being torn apart by a woman. The idea of forgiveness between the two in order to save the relationship they have is a theme you can see in all types of fruitful relationships, whether real or on paper.
The Canal of Ra
A depiction of brothers Bata and Anpu facing off over the Canal of Ra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...