Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Reading Notes: Ancient Egypt, Part A

Story source: Egyptian Myth and Legend by Donald Mackenzie (1907).

Reading the first part of the Ancient Egypt, I was shocked in particular with the story of Osiris. I had learned in my past education that Osiris was the Egyptian god of the underworld, but I had not heard the story of his death before. It was interesting to learn about the good deeds he did for his people, and it reminded me to some extent of the kindness Jesus showed in some of the readings I explored from the Gospel of Mark unit. I also thought the manner in which he died, while original, was a little unorthodox. After all, his brother Set is a man of warfare like the story says, yet the plan for him and his conspirators is to trap Osiris in a coffin. I think I could definitely find a twist to that ending where Osiris is killed in a battle or doesn't die at all.

File:Osiris-tomb-of-Nefertari.jpg
A painting of the god Osiris from the tomb of Nefertari.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...