Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad

Week 4: Gospel of Mark

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Raja Rasalu

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9.

Week 7: The Monkey King

Week 9: South Africa

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Cherokee

Week 11: Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Aesop's Fables

Week 13: Alice in Wonderland

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Ashliman

Week 15: Dante's Inferno

I chose my reading units based on my previous high school studies. Even though my major is journalism, my favorite subject in high school was actually history. I've read a few of the readings that I chose, such as Aesop's Fables and Dante's Inferno. However, I haven't taken a history class since high school, and as I was going through all the choices, I realized that I forgot most of my knowledge on those subjects. I wanted to take this class to refine some of my knowledge in those areas, which affected many of my choices. I was also very excited when I saw the Cherokee reading as one of the options for the Native American units. My father's side of the family has Cherokee blood, but I never bothered to learn more about Cherokee history until now.

File:DSCF2316 Dante perdu.jpg
A painting of Dante by Gustave Doré. Very excited to dive into the story again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...