Sunday, August 25, 2019

Time Strategies

Until I got to OU, I can safely say I did not have good time management skills. I've always struggled a little to deal with my ADD, which has gotten better over the years. However, once I started college, my time management got better for one simple reason: I didn't have a choice. I had to adapt to balance everything I had on my plate. While I've gotten better in that regard, I still have some room to grow, so I was definitely interested to dive into some of the articles.
The first article I read was Thomas Oppong's "Eat the Frogs First Thing in the Morning (And Other Better Work Habits)". I was very interested by this article because I've been trying to be more productive with my days this semester, but I'm still looking for ways to be better at it. I actually really liked the whole frog analogy and realized that's something I never thought about doing. I also read Caroline Webb's "How to Beat Procrastination". I chose this article because I'm the classic procrastinator. Simple as that. This article was more about being motivated by how good it will feel when a specific goal is accomplished. It's a very interesting idea, and I might have to try it on my next assignment just to see if that helps me in any way.
To be honest, as a senior, I'm lucky enough to only have to take 12 hours, three of them coming through this online class. This allows me to focus more on my extracurricular activities, such as my broadcast programs and my role as an ambassador at Gaylord College. However, I think I've gotten better in the last year of staying on top of everything I've got going on and being efficient when I was doing my homework.

Goal Setting, Goal, Dart, Target, Success, Achievement
The first step in beating procrastination according to Webb? Believe that you can achieve your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...