Thursday, August 29, 2019

Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology

Story: Metamorphosis

To be honest, while I did read all the stories, I already had my eyes out for one in particular going into this assignment. Because of my interest in Greek mythology, I actually went out of order and read the Metamorphosis story first. I had never read anything about Pygmalion, so I had to do a little research beforehand to learn about his character. I enjoyed how he developed as the story progressed, from someone desperate for the perfect companion to a man with the love of his life. I also thought the story was very descriptive in several aspects, such as the creation of the sculpture and how it comes to life.

File:Château de Versailles, salon des nobles, Pygmalion priant Vénus d'animer sa statue, Jean-Baptiste Regnault.jpg
A painting from French artist Jean-Baptiste Regnault depicting Pygmalion praying to Venus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...