Thursday, August 22, 2019

Assignments Overview

I think what I'm going to enjoy most from this class will definitely be the reading. Because of my interest in both the classical Greek/Roman and Biblical units, I'm excited to dive into some of those texts. I've also never really been a creative guy when it comes to this sort of storytelling (I focus a little more on telling stories about sports), but maybe going through readings from various mythologies will inspire me when I put together my storybook.
I also thought there were several extra credit assignments that were interesting. I've never actually done a Wikipedia Trail on purpose, so I might try that just to see where I end up. I've also made a habit recently of looking back on how my days or weeks go, so I might have to write a few Famous Last Words posts throughout the semester.
I've definitely never had a class like this in terms of the emphasis on the blogs. While I've had classes that demanded a lot of writing, it was usually in the form of research papers or exams. I think it's an interesting concept that allows for a lot of communication between classmates, especially for an online class like this, but it will be a challenge trying to stay on top of all the blog posts.

Image result for person typing clip art
How fast I'm going to have to type to make all these blog posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...