Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Reading Notes: Alice in Wonderland, Part A

Story source: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

Another week, another reading unit to look forward to! I feel like everyone has seen the Alice in Wonderland movie, but not many people (including myself) have actually read the story. One thing that really stands out to me is how descriptive the writing is. I could practically paint the scene in my head because of all the vivid imagery. For example, in "Pig and Pepper", Lewis Carroll describes the Footmen in detail, down to the "powdered hair that curled all over their heads". I also think the story is unique because there are instances where the plot stalls to dive into Alice's thoughts. For example, in "Down the Rabbit-Hole", Alice thinks about where she might be going, whether her cat will miss her, and more. I think that allows the writer to show a little more of Alice's personality, which is a feature I'd like to include in my writing. As the story goes on, Alice's true character shows: she's an innocent girl, but she is courageous enough to embark on this mission at the same time.
Image result for alice rabbit hole
The Mad Hatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...