Monday, August 19, 2019

My Favorite Place - Steamboat Springs, Colorado

When I was asked to write about my favorite place, I immediately started thinking of my hometown of Dallas, Texas. After all, I have countless memories of hanging out with my friends, playing sports, and more. I also thought of my new home in Norman, Oklahoma, where I have had the best three years of my life so far. However, I realized that there is one place in particular where I would truly want to live every day: Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
While I have traveled to several different ski resorts in my childhood, Steamboat Springs will always hold a special place in my heart. I have been to Steamboat five times on vacation, and I have loved every trip more than the last. While I wasn't the best skier at first, I have always loved the thrill of it. My brother and I also like to bring lunch to the top of the mountain and just enjoy the view. It's hard to describe, but there is no doubt it's a sight to see.
My last trip to Steamboat was in January, and it hit me at that point that it might be my last vacation with my family for some time. I am going into my final year at OU, and it could be a while before I can to go to a trip like that depending on where I end up after graduation. If there is one thing I do know, though, it's that the vacation will not be my last time in Steamboat Springs.

A beautiful nighttime shot of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
An action shot of me and my brother snowboarding behind me from our trip in January. Horns down forever and always!

2 comments:

  1. What a great Colorado picture, Sam! I went to Keystone last summer, and it was a great summer visit... someday I have to make a winter visit to Colorado too! Maybe you will want to do a Storybook project inspired by SNOW... snow sounds pretty good here in the midst of hot August days. Here's a snow legend in the UnTextbook for class: Shin-ge-bis Fools the North Wind ... you'll find out more about the UnTextbook and how all that works next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam,

    First of all I have to say I really like your pictures. Steamboat Springs looks like a beautiful place and the bottom picture of you skiing with an OU jersey on while giving the horns down is awesome. I actually haven't gone skiing yet so I don't know what that's like. I have been to Colorado though and I love the view of the mountains. Maybe I'll check out Steamboat Springs one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Tech Tip: Twitter Lists

For this extra credit assignment, I chose to learn more about Twitter lists. As a journalism major, our use of social media is paramount to ...